Tuesday, January 3, 2017

New Year Goals

It's that time of year when you think about setting a new years resolution. I for one have never really made one and if I have it has never been meaningful enough to stick too. This year I've decided to reflect on the past few years and have come up with a list of changes that I plan to make this year


Number One


'Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life' 

My work life balance is something that I've never really got right and the quote above sums up life perfectly. I've always worked all the hours I can and for 5 years I worked 6 days a week. I am now lucky to have two days off a week but still working the same hours just crammed into 5 meaning longer days and no social life in the evenings. I know Leanne is the same and has always had several jobs on the go. This is something that will take some time to sort out but I will get there in the end.






Number Two


"It's only by saying 'No' that you can concentrate on the things that are really important"

I am definitely a people pleaser and hate saying no to anyone. I have now realised that by always saying yes I am actually the one being affect and sometimes left feeling used. Whilst I'm not about to start upsetting people I am going to start to think about what I want first.

Number Three


"Take risks: If you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wise"

I've never really been a risk taker as I worry to much about everything...literally everything. As a result I've never really taken risks as I'll worry that it's the wrong thing to do or I'll get it wrong. This means I can often miss out on things because I've been too busy over thinking what to do. I love the quote above, if it doesn't work out there is always a lesson to learn. I will take a risk this year...even if it's a very tiny one.


"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new"






Here's to 2017!!

Cx



Follow on Bloglovin




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your thoughts....comment below x

© Charlene and Leanne . All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig